Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

ESPN's Rob Parker Really Hates Black People Who Don't Think Exactly Like He Does About White People

What happened to America? While I was growing up in the 1960s and 1970s, people of all racial make-up fought against racial stereotypes and discrimination. I'm proud of my generation's strides against prejudice and the stupidity of racism. We didn't win the war completely, but we changed America's thinking in the arts, sports, politics and culture. It breaks my heart when I realize those efforts were for naught.

The generations that have followed us have turned out to be just as racially prejudiced and ignorant as the Democrats who turned their national convention over to the Ku Klux Klan in 1924.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

RGIII - a great person making football relevant again in
our nation's capital. Unfortunately, racists in the
media, like Rob Parker, don't like him because
he doesn't bow to them. 
Rob Parker is a black man, and a sports pundit on ESPN. Based on his views about blacks who interact with whites in this country, Rob Parker is also obviously a proponent of racial apartheid.

Here's what Parker had to say about Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III on his ESPN show First Take last Thursday:
"But my question, which is just a straight, honest question, is: Is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?
 "He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kind of black but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else.
"Well because that's just how I want to find out about him. I don't know because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiancée. There was all this talk about how he's a Republican, which, I don't really care, there's no information at all. I'm just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue. Because we did find out with Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods was like, I've got black skin but don't call me black."

Luckily, Stephan A. Smith, the hardest of hardcore New Yawkas who also happens to be black, brought some sense and intellectual maturity to the conversation by saying:
"I'm uncomfortable with where we just went," he said. "RGIII, the ethnicity or the color of his fiancée is none of our business, it's irrelevant, he can live his life in whatever way he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that's his business, that's his life, he can live his life."
ESPN's Rob Parker doesn't like it when people he shares
skin color with don't share his narrow-minded and
destructive view of race relations.
Even though ESPN obviously knew Parker's mindset about race when they hired him, the network suspended him "until further notice."

Rob Parker is a racist fool. He is no better than the fools who thought blacks needed to drink from different water fountains than whites. He is no better than the morons who thought blacks needed to eat at different lunch counters than whites.

Rob Parker is also dangerous because he has the power of the media to spout his ridiculous racial views to an admiring public.

Make no mistake, Rob Parker does not want black people marrying white people, lest he wouldn't have an issue with the color of Robert Griffin's finacee's skin.

Make no mistake, Rob Parker does not want black people being Republicans, for whatever misguided, idiotic reason he has. The bottom line is, according to Rob Parker, if you are black you'd better tow the racial line politically or you will be ostracized.

Rob Parker believes that being black means you need to be down with the "cause," which leaves me wondering just what the "cause" Parker is referring to is. Is the "cause" attempting to separate blacks from whites? Is the "cause" a way to ostracize blacks who fraternize with whites? I can't for the life of me figure out what the "cause" is, but then again I'm white, so I am defined by my race first and not my intellect by the likes of ESPN's Rob Parker.

On Thursday, December 19, a full week after Parker was outed as a racist, he offered this apology:
I blew it and I’m sincerely sorry. I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care. This past Thursday I failed to do that. I believe the intended topic is a worthy one. Robert’s thoughts about being an African-American quarterback and the impact of his phenomenal success have been discussed in other media outlets, as well as among sports fans, particularly those in the African-American community. The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one. I regrettably introduced some points that I never should have and I completely understand the strong response to them, including ESPN’s reaction. Perhaps most importantly, the attention my words have brought to one of the best and brightest stars in all of sports is an unintended and troubling result. Robert Griffin III is a talented athlete who not only can do great things on the field, but off the field handles himself in a way we are all taught – with dignity, respect and pride. I’ve contacted his agent with hopes of apologizing to Robert directly. As I reflect on this and move forward, I will take the time to consider how I can continue to tackle difficult, important topics in a much more thoughtful manner.
The issue of race in sports is a sensitive one to idiots in the media who need it to be sensitive in order to keep collecting a paycheck. Out here in the real world, I can guarantee you that what Redskins' fans care about is how many wins Griffin brings them, not the color of his skin. I can also guarantee you that fans of the teams (count me among them) that Griffin has dissected during his tremendous first year in the NFL aren't happy with Griffin's talent and ability to win games. The beauty of sports in the modern era is that it transcends race. Skin color doesn't enter the picture except for racist fools like Rob Parker.

The rest of Parker's apology is pure pablum meant to smooth the feathers of his bosses at ESPN. Do you people actually think Parker didn't mean what he said? Apologies are nice, but I for one am not going to be tricked into believing that Rob Parker is anything but a race-baiting fool and a profound racist.

No comments: