|With one look Paul Ryan lets the old man he's lucky that only one of the |
debate participants was rude, boorish, ignorant and unhinged.
|Joe Biden emulates annoying|
with his condescending
lack of grip on reality
The thing that bothers me most is that almost everyone who identifies themselves as 'Democrat' will believe Joe Biden did a wonderful job: After the debate, President Obama was quoted as saying, "I could not be prouder of Joe Biden tonight. I think he did great in the debate."
Here's a few things I took away from the debate:
- If Biden treats a member of Congress with such disrespect, imagine how he feels about regular people who don't agree with him
- Constantly referring to Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu as 'Bibi' was meant to convey familiarity to minimize President Obama's known disdain for the PM, but instead it came off as condescending
- Biden clearly lied about several things, including Libya, Iran and Medicare, but his awkward gesticulations will probably cover that fact up
- In the private sector, men who behave this way are known as 'assholes,' in the Democrat Party they are known as 'leaders.'
- Ryan knew the facts and remained respectful--a good role model for our future leaders
- Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in 90 minutes, proving Democrat dogma that if you just shout louder your points suddenly become valid
Martha Raddatz, the moderator (such as she was), has personal ties to the Obama Administration: Barack Obama attended her 1991 wedding to her now ex-husband Julius Genachowski, who just so happens to be in charge of the FCC. I report this as a sidebar because no one else will. I don't think that had anything to do with Joe Biden's ridiculous performance last night, but its worth noting the complete and total incestuousness of the corporate media and the inside-the-beltway-set. I for one am not comfortable with the relationship between the media and the government.
|I spent a lot of times in bars in my younger years. There's|
always some drunken fool on the other end of the bar
raising his arms skyward and acting obnoxiously. It's a shame
those guys are now running the government.
Republicans are not innocent here, but lately its the members of the Democrat party, especially fervent Obama supporters, who show no respect for the opinions of others.
Joe Biden is symbolic of the crass disregard for manners the Democrat Party exhibits in their quest to retain power--that you agree with that kind of behavior worries me more about the future of my country than the actions of the idiots we send to Washington does.
On a side note, Mitt Romney controlled the first presidential debate through self-assurance, self-awareness and a well-developed ability to control a room with his stature. Joe Biden attempted to do the same thing and failed miserably, simply because he does not have the same stature.
Paul Ryan spoke with authority and a quiet mid-western politeness the majority of Americans who cheer rudeness and incivility will not understand.
The question is, when do we start expecting more from our leaders than the pitiful, childish performance Vice President Joe Biden turned in last night?