The term de jour from the rapidly-losing-its-grip Democrat Party and it's kept men and women in the MSM, is "racist dog whistle." I knew what they meant by it, but like so many terms and ideas that seemingly pop up out of nowhere during a political season, I wanted to know where it came from and why it was common lexicon all of a sudden.
Apparently the term started around 2000 during a successful campaign for right-wing Australian Prime Minister John Howard that had a lot to do with immigration. The guy who supposedly came up with the strategy, Lynton Crosby, is known as "Australia's Karl Rove." Since I know nothing about Australian politics and have absolutely no interest in learning anything about Australian politics, that's as far as I'm going to go. If you want more information, do a Google search or something.
|Apparently, I'm thinking "I hate minorities."|
As I did more research on dog whistle politics, I became increasingly concerned for my sanity. My Internet search took me to several Communist websites, a raging maniacal blog by a white suburban housewife who has serious issues with men, especially conservative men like her ex-husband, a few Democrat sites, a very official and important looking site run by the Center for Social Inclusion, whoever the hell they are, and of course site after site about Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.
Basically, the term means this: people who have limited knowledge about what the other side stands for believe there are certain words that are "cues" for people to act in certain ways, like rid the world of minorities or act racist, or steal from the poor,* or something, I'm not sure. Things like this used to be dismissed as silly conspiracy theories, but now they're the foundation of the Democrat Party belief system.
I saw this picture which I took from the American Labor Party site:
What this picture says is that white people are targeted by Fox News because Fox News knows white people hate everyone except other white people (and even that's debatable if you're Irish or Italian, but that's news from 100 years ago). Anyway, the point of the communists who made this picture is that Fox News is racist and even though it might not be overt, the white people who are watching certainly understand the codes being used--and they're getting ready to jump out of their La-Z-Boys and Hoverounds and DO SOMETHING!
Then there was this gem from Tommy Christopher at Mediaite:
|Right? Get it? I mean seriously, no way Romney was talking about |
Obama's dismal record as President, he was talking about Obama's race, right?
Christopher actually said this.
And we all remember last week when the typically unfunny Mitt Romney had the unmitigated Ku Klux Klan-like gall to joke that no one has ever asked for his birth certificate. I am so disconnected to white dog whistle politics that I at first thought this was just some sort of dopey joke about the birtherism non-sense Obama has plagued himself with by his secretive behavior over his past. What I learned from the enlightened Left is that Romney was really referring to the fact that Obama is black, and black people don't have birth certificates, or something. I don't know, I got confused following the logic and dozed off.
All of this immersion in the logic of the Left led me to want to know what the codes are, because, well, I am white, and I feel like I might be getting left out.
I decided I needed a guide to help me navigate the coded messages Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and all of the other white people I encounter on a daily basis are sending me. So here, for the first time ever, is all of the current dog whistle politics codes conservative white people are using to take over the world. Before we get started, understand I didn't make these codes up, I found references to each and everyone of them. Don't get all up in my grille with your hissy fit because I am a racist or some other non-sense, I'm just relaying what I learned.
- Those people - Blacks, immigrants, Hispanics, the people next door with the Chevy Nova up on blocks
- Them - Blacks, immigrants, Hispanics. Can also be "them people" if you are from the Deep South
- Deep South - A place where white people live
- Civil War - Current: white people finally get tired of free black people and get violent; Historical: White people in the Deep South liked things the way they were as far as them people was concerned
- 10th Amendment - (See Civil War) Has nothing to do with the individual states determining their own course and direction
- States Rights - slavery
- Jesus - against a woman's right to choose and wants Nativity scenes in front of Town Hall at Christmas
- Tea Party - Ku Klux Klan
- Barack Obama - Black person
- Inner City - Black person
- Urban - uppity Black person
- Urban youth - unemployed
- Welfare - Black people
- Budget cut - take things away from those people
- Fiscal Responsibility - time to stop helping those people
- School Choice - destroy teachers unions
- Voter ID - prevent them people from voting
- Angry - Black person
- Immigration reform - Prevent them people from coming here and mowing our lawns
- Unemployed - Black or Hispanic
- Women's Health - abortion, oh wait, that's Leftist dog whistle politics
- Woman's Right to Choose - abortion, oh wait, that's Leftist dog whistle politics
- Religion - Western: against a woman's right to choose
- Religion - Middle Eastern: terrorist
- Arab - terrorist
- Dred Scott Supreme Court Decision: GW Bush speak for banning abortion
- Blue Oyster Cult Song Godzilla: call to arms against Black and Hispanics
- Oil - money for white people who want to destroy the world
- Sweep the floor - good job for a black person (as taught to us by Newt Gingrich)
- Catholic - denying a woman the right to choose
- Immigrant - Mexican dude who steals work from teenagers
- Mid-west - a place where white people who grow corn live
- Banker - Jew
- Media mogul - Jew
- Ghetto - place where those people live
- Detroit, Southside Chicago, Cleveland - places where those people live
- Los Angeles - place where those people live
- Single - Gay
- Never married - Gay
- Gay - fashion designer or choreographer
- Anointed - Baptist from the Mid-West
- Family values - anti-abortion
- Family values - homophobic
- Family values - pro-prayer in school
- Skeptic - anti-Global Warming
- Medicare reform - deny seniors citizens the chance to stay alive
I understand this list is simplistic and sophomoric, but hey, I don't make the codes, I just found references to them and listed them in one place.
* - Seriously, like the poor have anything I'm going to waste my time stealing. They're poor for crying out loud! You can't get rich by stealing from the poor. You people should know this by now.