Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Occupy Wall Street Part X: So What Exactly Did I Learn?

So, there you have it. Occupy Wall Street on a sunny Saturday afternoon in October. Let's take a look at some of the pics and people who didn't make the cut.

This picture pretty much sums it all up for me. The signbearer said she was directing it to the "thieves on Wall Street." The irony was just to much for my tiny little head to handle so I didn't engage her further.

In case you sometimes need to be hit with a hammer to get a point, she was not directing her sign at people who receive entitlements. Get it? I had a big plan to write my opinions on what I saw, but seriously, this picture is worth a thousand words.

Zuccotti Park was clean and I saw no
signs of any public urination or defecation.
But then again, this was a Saturday afternoon
and the police presence was huge. 



Hippies gotta eat, especially when them munchies start acting up.

He calls himself Captain Student Loan. Somehow
his decision to get the Masters without a
job are now everyone's problem.

I wonder if Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats
actually know who they are supporting when they
laud the movement?



Most ironic of all, a homeless person sleeps on a bench in
Washington Square in the standard NYC avoidance zone
of sleeping homeless people. Ignored by the protesters
the entire time I was in the park, I did not witness anyone
share with her the plentiful food and water that was available
 as part of the cooperative movement, nor did I witness any signs
of compassion for her from the assembled multitude. 

So, like I asked in the title, what exactly did I learn?

I learned exactly what I hoped I wouldn't learn when I started out.

No comments: