Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, October 10, 2011

Occupy Wall Street Part IV: The Real Problem is the Federal Reserve

As I walked around Zuccotti Park I encountered people of all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds and political affiliations. Well, that is if you only count Democrats, union sympathizers and that wonderful new brand of political animal the No Labels person.

No Labels people dislike the Leftists and Statists as much as any other clear-thinking person does, but they're just too burned out from all that dancing at all of those Phish concerts back in college to admit that horrible Right Wingers are not just mean old white men who support Michelle Malkin and Herman Cain to cover their inherent racism. Or something, I'm not really sure.

That's when I met Terri. She came across as extremely knowledgeable and coherent. Even though Terri didn't want to be "pigeon-holed" she was basically either a Constitutionalist or a Libertarian. Actually, she was far enough over to the Right that the next time we see her she may be holed up in a shack in Montana with 350 rounds of ammuntion and a four year supply of baked beans and Spam. Lucky for sheriff's officers and ATF agents west of Butte, she either doesn't know this about herself or is afraid to admit it.

Terri F., from Allentown, PA.
has a theory about the Federal Reserve.
Me: Why are you here?
Terri: I think that we're not focused enough here. I mean it's all well and good to put up a sign that says "End War" and something funny about Ronald Reagan, but the real issue is that in 1913 our country died when a secret session of Congress turned over the power of the reserve to a private cartel basically. The most evil cartel on the planet made up of five families. * See Note at the Bottom.

Me: Would you consider yourself on the Left or on the Right?
Terri: I'm in the middle.

Me: Would you consider yourself a moderate? Moderates don't usually come out with signs.
Terri: I don't want to be pigeon-holed. I'm a human being. I'm a mother. I had to tell my three teenagers 'don't even bother thinking about college.' You know? I work full time. I'm doing my best and I'm frustrated.

Me: We're being told that this is an anti-corporaion movement, but from what you just explained to me you feel corporations are not the cause of the problem.
Terri: Well, I don't think capitalism is the enemy at all. I think it has to do with our money losing its value. I don't have a problem with corporations, corporations employ me. You know? I'm able to put food on my table and a roof over my head and get health insurance for my family. I don't think that's the real issue.

She nails it on the head with her take on corporate culpability, but to tell her kids not to bother with their own futures because she is frustrated borders on child abuse. It certainly isn't the way Americans used to think about things. I also can't get past the whole Jekyll Island thing. Obviously Terri is paying attention, unfortunately not to reality.

Why am I wasting your time with these interviews? Because these are the people Nancy Pelosi has offered her support to and these are the people the MSM is trying to get you to believe are the folks behind the new push to rid the country of the Tea Party and all of you mean rotten and selfish Right Wingers.

We dismiss this at our own political peril.

* Note at the Bottom: She is referring to the 1913 meeting on Jekyll island, Georgia, between several prominent bankers and industrialists who formed the first Federal Reserve as a result of the 1907 bank panic. Conspiracy theorists claim the 1907 bank panic was manipulated by these rich white men so the Federal Reserve could be formed and that these "five families of the Federal Reserve" still run things today. According to them, all of the problems in the US in the past 100 years are a direct result of the manipulation of the Board of Governors of the Reserve including: the Great Depression, the Kennedy assassination and Barack Obama. Like any other good conspiracy, this one has been debunked by actual sane people but the CT's never seem to care about that. For more information do a Google search but be forewarned, a lot of these nutty folks have nutty websites that are loaded with Malware, so if you pick up a virus don't blame me. In case you were wondering, I am not endorsing her theory or the theory postulated by Federal Reserve conspiracy theorists. I think the Federal Reserve should be completely abolished, but for sane reasons like, oh I don't know, I'm a free-marketeer who abhors central control of the value of my worth.

No comments: