Header Picture

Header Picture

Thursday, September 15, 2011

If You Love Me You'll Take Care of Me, Or Why I Am So Afraid of the Left

"I love you!" shouts an admirer.

"I love you back!" shouts the leader.



Using the psychological ploy of teenaged boys everywhere, who are just, well, tired of waiting, President Obama told his audience yesterday that if they loved him they had to help him pass his bill.

Quite frankly I am afraid of any adult person who gushes unabashed love for a political leader and then applauds when that political leader urges them to prove their love for him by doing his legwork. Mock me all you want, but idolatry and cult of personality have sent more innocent people to say, ummm, the poor house, the gas chamber or the killing field, than all of the corporate jet owners in the world combined.

No comments: