Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to preserve") is a political and social philosophy that promotes the maintenance of traditional institutions and supports, at the most, minimal and gradual change in society. Some conservatives seek to preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity, while others oppose modernism and seek a return to the way things were. Stolen from Wikipedia because I was too lazy to actually look up the definition in a respected dictionary.I am not a 'conservative.' People like Maxine Waters, Barack Obama and Matt Lauer are. I want change and the aforementioned and their ilk want things to stay the same or change only minimally. We need agressive change now.
I'm not a conservative because I'm tired of:
- living in a welfare state that encourages failure
- a tax code that punishes success
- living in a society that uses race as a crutch
- living in a society that upholds stupidity and makes fun of intelligence
- professional politicians who are failures out in the real world running my life
- being told 'capitalism' is evil by people who don't understand capitalism
- of a political party encouraging illegal immigration in an attempt to bolster its membership
- unelected beauracrats doing the jobs of the elected legislature
- uneducated people telling me I am causing Global Warming while the live the same life as me
- talking heads arguing with each other 24/7 on radio and TV
- Sean Hannity representing me
- being blamed for the failures of others because of my gender and the color of my skin
- driving around this country and seeing abandoned factories
- labor union leaders destroying the economy and education system
- government telling me how to manage every aspect of my life
- receiving absolutely zero representation in Washington, and Chris Smith (R-NJ) I mean you too
- living in a corporatocracy that is as much to blame for our current failing state as everyone else
- people who think the sun rises and sets at the White House (regardless of who lives there)
- people who don't understand history
- living in a country filled with people who think it's okay to be weak and evil to be strong
It's the Democrats, moderate Republicans, racist politicians and cultural "leaders" and union thugs who want to keep things as they are.
Call me an American, but if you insist on labeling me otherwise, call me a revolutionary.