Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, June 10, 2011

TWIR: I Have An Agenda Edition

The Week In Review is brought to you by Dunkin' Donuts Frozen Hot Chocolate. I'll be getting back to my TWIR roots by just riffing in a stream of conscious manner.
  1. Fifty-six percent of Anthony Weiner's constituents (parts of Queens and Brooklyn) don't feel he should resign. What this means is that 56% of the people in Weiner's congressional district don't mind being represented by an admitted liar (forget the other moral judgements). He is an admitted lair who is universally disliked and disrespected by his peers, which renders him somewhat politcally impotent. This my friends is a perfect example of why your government is so dysfunctional. Extrapolating through the skills I learned in my statistics course in college (I got an A), I conclude that our crappy government is the fault of 56% of the population of this country.
  2. Newt Gingrich's top campaign advisers quit yesterday. People who run campaigns for a living need to win so they can continue to be employed. These folks must have a gut feeling Newt can't win. That's as complicated as the story gets. Newt is the perfect example of a brilliant mind that cannot wrap himself up in the personal discipline required to lead.
  3. I'm beginning to think that the economic problems facing the country are far beyond President Obama's intellectual pay grade (please see Disclaimer at Bottom of Post). He pretty much doesn't do a good job at a lot of things, but his inability to get his head around how the economy works boggles my mind.
  4. Polls are out this morning that have President Obama beating Governor Christie 50% to 34% if the election were held today. What this really means is that the people who do these polls are getting nervous about Christie so they feel it's time to chop him down a bit.
  5. I should be elected Supreme Fella for just one year because I could fix the economy in that period of time. We could resume our path to national greatness by doing the following:
Simplify the tax code (a flat 15% tax or true consumption tax would be best), scale down the authority of the EPA and other regulatory agencies by stripping them of their ability to make law without consent and place a moratorium on all new laws for 5 years (Seriously, do you honestly believe we don't have enough laws?)
Have a nice weekend. By the way, how cool would it be if the Mavericks beat the Heat in Game 6?

Disclaimer at Bottom of Post: Although I am criticising President Obama, I have lots of political figures I admire who are of African descent. I know this smacks of the old line "I am not racist, I have lots of Black friends" but you have forced me into this stupid line of  thinking because of your flawed logic that if I disagree with our President I must therefore be a racist. For the record, I disagree with President Obama's political philosophies and his obvious lack of talent for leading, that it comes from his Caucasian half or his African half is not of consequence to me.

No comments: