Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, May 13, 2011

TWIR: Pre-Vacation Edition

I will be posting sporadically from the UK next week. I'll be on vacation so Vacation Rules will apply: No Politics. To make up for the lack of intelligent insight this blog provides, this week's The Week In Review will be a little heavy on the politics.
  1. Why are the US, the Arab world, and the "revolutionaries" in Egypt all silent about the killing of Christians in riots in Egypt this week? I don't expect the US government, particularly the Obama Administration, to be especially vocal about Christian rights in the Middle East, but I am disappointed that the so-called revolutionaries in Egypt (whom I supported whole-heartedly) weren't really about changing the world, they were just about getting themselves a bigger slice of it.
  2. Newt, you're a brilliant guy and I love your politics, but you make Rudy Giuliani look chaste. You're not electable on a national scale.
  3. I take back everything I said about Trump being a good choice for President. Seriously. I apologize.
  4. Mitt, I'm sorry but no matter how you spin it now, your healthcare program in Massachusetts is just Obamacare-Lite. You can't run from it and you can't hide, so, sorry there slick fella.
  5. Ron Paul, I love your politics, but you've gotta stop saying dumb things. And it's not time yet for a Libertarian to win nationally.
  6. Simple fact: Common has written lyrics and poetry that do support a convicted cop killer, and he has written lyrics that are basically a call to battle against the police. Inviting this artist to the White House was a direct slap in the face to police and people who think killing them is bad. But then again, we should remember that when a white cop arrested a black man in Cambridge Massachusetts, Obama's first ill-considered response was that it was obvious the "police acted stupidly." Call me racist, I don't care, that's your thing. I don't categorize people by race, I characterize them by character, and I judge character by action.
  7. Speaking of acting stupidly, Obama's campaign speech about immigration this week, you know the one where he made fun of people who want to tighten border security by glibly saying we will want a moat with alligators in it? Very presidential there buddy. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking you are a leader of an entire country. You're a hack politician, nothing more.
  8. Oh yeah, and this is a direct and private message for the kid in Connecticut who can't go to the prom because he taped his prom invite in big letters on his school. Dude, sorry, but the rules about trespassing were made clear, and so was the punishment for breaking those rules. The headmaster is not out of line, but all of the media whores who are spinning this story to make us all feel bad for you are. Next time you're thinking about being "creative" think about the rules and all of the boring stuff too.
I'll be in England if anyone needs me...

No comments: