Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, April 29, 2011

TWIR: Royal Wedding Edition

Okay, so in keeping with my lack of interest in the Royal Wedding I am not going to write about it in this week's The Week In Review, but just like all the other media whores in this country, I sure as hell will use it to help promote myself.
  1. How undignified was it to see the President of the United States have to show his birth certificate to satisfy the lunatic fringe Right Wing? Granted it never should have been an issue and President Obama is partially at fault for that, so shame on everyone.
  2. Howsabout an Alan West / Michelle Bachman ticket in 2012 to make everyone to the left of Rush Limbaugh get terminal agita? I also have to check out this Johnson guy from New Mexico.
  3. I watched Bruno Mars on American Idol last night - I had never seen him perform live before. It was nice to see some reggae back in the limelight and it was also nice to see R&B moving away from auto-tune and drum loops and back to music by an actual, good, live band. Also, the best thing to ever happen to Casey Abrams was getting voted off last night. I love that he is bringing old-school jazz to a whole new audience. I think he and Haley should put a new-school Steve and Edie act on the road.
  4. New Jersey voters rejected 75% of all propositions to raise their town's budget caps on Wednesday. Good. Maybe the people in charge will have to start taking their jobs seriously and run their towns like I have to run my household, instead of caving in to selfish labor unions.
  5. The stupidity of the news media in this country was never more prominently displayed than during Wednesday's horrifying tornado outbreak in the Deep South. The pandering and condescension camouflaged as concern and sincerity was just too much to watch. When you loop video of someone's house getting destroyed by a tornado over and over again, all you are doing is using someone's house getting destroyed to sell soap.
Have a nice week. Thanks for checking in.

No comments: