Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, April 8, 2011

TWIR: Pissing and Moaning Edition

The Week In Review is back, and it will be back regularly. I've been overwhelmed by the amount of hits the Blog has had in the past month, so I'm going to actually put effort in to make this place worthwhile to all of the people who have been so kind to support it. That can only mean one thing: next week is JACKASS WEEK! Long-time readers have just had their weekends made, and all you newbies out there are in for a treat beyond all you could have dreamed of. Jackass Week. Fantastic.

In the mean time, let's review the week. Disclaimer: Libs, American Idol fans, Anglophiles, David Gregory, government employees, girls who go to Malls, retail workers and union sympathizers will be offended. I warned you advance so don't get mad at me.

1. I watched Steny Hoyer (D-MD) get interviewed by David "Herman Munster" Gregory on the Today Show today. He whined for eight minutes about the meanies on the Right shutting down the gummint (Maryland pronunciation, don't blame me). I waited for an equal time response from the other side - but lo and behold there wasn't one. So all you people on the Left stop bitching about equal time.

2. Listen people, Pia could sing but she was boring as hell. Seriously. She was like all those other annoying NY/NJ mall employees who make shopping on the weekends such a nightmare for people like me.

3. Prince Harry is stuck on some godforsaken Norwegian Island in the Arctic Ocean. People are concerned he might not get back in time for the wedding. Really? How silly.

4. Pretty much the entire private sector economy shut down in 2008. Real unemployment figures are estimated to be as high as 17%. Sorry if I am not all broken up about overpaid civil servants getting a long weekend when the government shuts down. I might be more sympathetic if you gummint employees were ever nice to me when I interacted with you.

5. Chris Christie finally got it right when he called teachers in New Jersey good and worthy and called their union leaders what they are: political thugs. Absolutely fantastic. By definition, union leaders are thuggish. By the way, if both my legs get broken this weekend, you'll know why.

Have a nice weekend. Rest up for Jackass Week.

No comments: